Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Countdown begins

I've got the plane ticket. I arrive in Manchester, England at 6:05 am (GDT) on the morning of Thursday, 22 September, 2005. Kick. Ass.

Question: I would like to put a counter on my blog that counts down the days to my arrival (80, as of this moment). Ideally, I would like it to actively count down seconds whenever my page is open so you can watch the numbers tick by. I will settle, however, for something which only counts days and only recalculates the time each time the page is loaded. Either way it should have pretty colors. (Colours. Sorry!)

I have searched the web for some code that I can paste into my template, but to no avail. The only things I found that looked like they might be what I want were so complicated I didn't know what to do with them. If you know where I can find that which I seek, do please tell me.

3 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

What, me? Templates? Paste? Counters? Sorry, I`m a member of LA (Luddites Anonymous).

Anonymous said...

What I tend to do is have a number at the top that I change every few days.

High tech, innit.

Moominmama said...

more hi-tech than the pad of post-it on my office door that i made into a paper countdown calendar.

i'll probably end up manually putting in the new number each day as you suggest (because i know you are all on the edges of your seats awaiting my arrival as eagerly as i), but i really like the idea of watching the seconds ticky by as i gaze lovingly upon them...