Monday, July 25, 2005

Found it!

Hello, Johnny!

I did some deeper digging in my archives, and I discovered that you were responding to a post entitled "You do it to yourselves," which I published on December 20, 2004 in response to the intolerably selfish behaviour of my aunt. Darling, are you bored? What are you doing wasting your time sifting through the 8-month old weblog of a pseudo-academic who uses the space pricipally to whine about everything that is wrong with the world and her life? While I'm slightly thrilled (and largely creeped out) that you've taken such an interest in my life, if you are looking for something to do I would be happy to recommend a whole mound of more entertaining reading material. After you've finished with Jonathan Swift, T.H. White, C.S. Lewis, Robert Lewis Stevenson, J.R.R. Tolkein, and Charles Dickens, you can start on Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Geoffrey Chaucer and Harper Lee. Then come back and I'll suggest some good non-fiction. But Mental Excrement? Really, Johnny, you can do so much better.

Sincerely,
C. Bitch

No comments: