Saturday, August 27, 2005

Dark days

It's past 10 in the morning, and it's black as night outside. The clouds are thick, heavy, and low. It's pouring rain.

When I left at 8 with the geriatric beagle, it was overcast and just finishing a spit, but in the 90 minutes we spent sniffing day-old dog piss and rolling on squirrel shit the sky went from brushed aluminum to gunmetal to aplocolypse. We got home, walked in the house, and just as I unhooked the leash from Daisy's collar, it opened up and deluged. We're not just talking rain, here. We're talking build-me-an-ark, Niagara Falls level downpour. I can barely hear the ticking of my keyboard over the wet din in the background.

Gee it's nice.

I've got a million things to do, but the darkness is sapping me of all my energy. It's a perfect day to curl up with a quadruped and finish watching the BBC "Pursuasion" which I started last night. Yay.

1 comment:

Timorous Beastie said...

What a lovely post. I enjoyed the photos, and love Beagle stories and being warm and dry whilst rain pelts it down stories.