Thursday, September 15, 2005

Six days to Salvation

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ship my bicycle
I want to ship my bike
I want to ship my bicycle
I want to ship it where I like
You say "boat," I say "plane,"
You say "truck," I say "train."
You say "stay," I say "Hey, man,
Jackson was never my scene
And I don't like Detroit."
You say "box," I say "crate,"
You say "foam," I say "tape."
You say "brown," I say "shit,
I don't believe in Fed Express,
DHL or UPS;
All I want to do is...
Bicycle, bicycle, bicycle!"

Spent the past 4 days trying to figure out if it's cheaper for me to buy a new bike in England, or to ship the one I've got (of which I'm rather fond). Looks like shipping may occur. Yay!

Leaving in exactly 146 hours.... *tremble/quiver*

3 comments:

Sal said...

safety tips:

if you have a good bike, bike thieves in england are fucking AWESOME. a good mate of mine was a goodbike nut, pulled up and locked up to lightpost and had a coffee on the footpath opposite his bike 20 feet away. he paid up, and the bike was gone. chain cut and bike wheeled off behind a passing van.

if you just want a decent bike, suggest you hit the markets. brick lane market in london for example, has 1-200 bikes for sale each weekend for a fraction of their value. just don't ask where they came from...

Sal said...

^^ re goodbike theft

should have pointed out that he was, by virtue of his keenness, very thorough re locking up and only used top quality chains & locks.

Moominmama said...

did your mate try looking in Brick Lane for his bike?