Friday, October 21, 2005

Hail, Flying Spaghetti Monster!

How to piss off Jesuscrispies: go to the following website

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

This is the most brilliant thing I've seen in ages. Honestly, this even beats Big Box Mart. If you're been reading my blog for longer than the past 2 weeks, you know how much the Christian Conservatives in America piss me off. They're a big part of the reason why I ran screaming from the country recently. Among their many inane agendas is the desire to have Creationism (somewhat cleverly disguised by the new buzzword, "Intelligent Design") taught IN SCIENCE CLASSES along with evolution as viable SCIENTIFIC POSSIBLITY. This is wrong. It's wrong for so many reasons I won't bother to discuss them here, because if I like you than you already know them and if you don't than you shouldn't be besmirching my website with your presence. It's just that simple. Regrettably, these Jesusfreaks have had some degree of success. A school board in Kansas recently passed a law mandating this new change in curriculum, and as many as 25 of the 50 states are considering similar legisation. Good god.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster so far represents the best tool/method I've seen for combating this attitude. They seem to be reasonably well organized, which is encoraging, and I hope that you will all take a mintue to read the open letter on the home page of their website, then take another moment to pee your pants with laughter, and when the trickle has subsided, get on board! Link your blogs to their website, spread the word, shop in the store, and if anyone wants the names and addresses of US congresspeople to harass with letters, let me know and I'll be happy to dig some up for you.

May the Meatball be with you.

No comments: