Friday, November 11, 2005

The four most horrible, diasappointing, heart-splintering, red hot serrated knife to gullet kick me in the teeth when i'm already down words in the English language are:

"I love you, but..."

if you've ever heard them, you know. if not, pray you never do.

what's my tally so far?

"I love you": 0 "I love you, but...": 6

In the game of love, the I-love-you-buts are wiping the floor with the I-love-yous. The most recent I-love-you-but attack pushed the front lines back yet again. The I-love-yous are outnumbered and outgunned. They're losing the war. Total defeat is inevitable.

5 comments:

ZB said...

I love you but is nothing compared to 'I think you're the one, do you think I'm the one, I want to make your sad eyes happy, I want to spend the rest of my life with you...Oh, you got funding? I'm not sure anymore.'

Moominmama said...

it's the pattern i find most disturbing.

ZB said...

u do? it destroyed my life.

Moominmama said...

i know dear, and on your page my heart bleeds for your sorrow. but this is my page, and on my page i get to be a self-centered fuckwit and wallow in my own misery, not yours. (and you're not the only one who's miserable and lonely.)

ZB said...

Yeah, I know but I was always honest about the fact that I'm shallow, selfish and self absorbed.