Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dag-nabbit

I'm sick. Two nights ago I didn't get any sleep because my sinuses were plugged up, I couldn't breathe, my head felt like it was going to explode, and every time I swallowed my ears popped. (Apparently my eustacion tubes were blocked or something.)

O Captain My Captain, who is a medic, told me to take Sudafed to unblock my sinuses. She said this would also clear up the ear thing. Cool, I said.

Last night I took Sudafed. It did help with the ears, but I still can't breathe, and it wired me awake all night. The pharmicist warned me that might happen, and suggested I take it in conjunction with a sleeping pill. So naturally, I took it in conjunction with two sleeping pills. It still didn't work. I got zero sleep.

So now I'm really sick (having had no rest) and REALLY FUCKING GRUMPY. And the damn dating service is finding all kinds of great fellas for me, conveniently located in places like Leeds, Newcastle, and Glasgow! Help, help: the irony is killing me. (Hot men in Glasgow is how I got into this mess in the first place.)

I'm going to go back to bed and pretend to sleep some more.

No comments: