Thursday, February 09, 2006

How cool is that!

I've said it before, but i'll say it again: Valentine's day sucks. It causes more pain than joy, and is totally pointless in the public conscious. Lovers don't need it and singles don't want it. Given that, I have just declared the PostGraduates' Union the coolest student organization evah. This year on the 13th of February they're hosting an Anti-Valentine party. At my favorite bar. I will be there in black. If ever I had cause to doubt that this university is the best place for me, such fears have been put permanantly to rest.

In unrelated news, remember how I asked you a while back if my page was coming up funny on anyone else's computer, and you very helpfully ignored the question? Well, I've finally sorted the problem. Not surprisingly, the fault lay with MS exploder. I've switched to Firefox. Problem solved.

In unrelated news, Crazy Hairy never called me back. Tosser. His loss. Next up in the revolving door of my internet dating life is...

Ian!

Stay tuned for details.

And in further cheery unrelated news, it's spring! The EPA reports unacceptable levels of love in the air. (yes, i stole that from the Onion. fucking sue me.) The snowdrops are in bloom, the daffodils and crocuses are up, and it's only the beginning of FEBRUARY! i love the country. *snif*

11 comments:

hendrix said...

hopeless romantic that I am, I have always hated valentines day. I hated it when I was single cos I never got any cards and I hated it when I was in relationships because I never got any cards...(I tell a fib I did get one from F last year - the first one ever and I still don't know why he bought it)

however my friend M of (creative voyage and urban hermit fame) holds an annual love yourself day on valentines day...not along the lines of self service at the gas station of lurve but a day spent pampering and preening yourself and doing all the things that you never have time for. Usually that rounds off with a trip to the local turkish baths. Much more fun (and less kinky than it sounds) than valentines...

PS. CB avoid Ian like the plague. Count the letters...

Moominmama said...

NoNoNoNoNo! He's 6'2", buddhist, loves the outdoors, works with mentally retarded teenage boys (that's redundant), is a cuddle monkey, has wicked long hair, is SCOTTISH (might be a kilt in this scenario somehwere), and writes really nice emails. I'm not giving up on this one yet.

Probably shouldn't mention he's only got 3 letters in his last name as well...

FirstNations said...

dang. a scottish buddhist. there's two words i don't see together too often. luck!

FirstNations said...

woops, wrong button.
http://www.nataliedee.com/042604/doginabeecostume.jpg
thats your good luck charm. be very careful how you use it. none know its full powers.

ZB said...

It's not bloody spring! It's the middle of winter by any calendar calibrated in the last 2,000 years. Julian or Jovian - take your pick. Just because global warming has caused crocuses to open and blackbirds to start building their nests because they think it's the arse end of March/beginning of April does not mean that a few sunny days in February signify the start of spring. Jeez...

Moominmama said...

Again i say unto thee: bite me.

hendrix said...

Scottish Buddhists? there's loads.Or at least alot of men in scotland the right shape anyway! comes of them partaking that sacred brew that is known in the north as "gie'is a pint love"

Long hair? watch out for the hair products... that's 2 of my don't already ignored...
and I dont know what the fascination is with scottish men although I suspect it runs along similar lines to the fascination I had with accents (hence ending up with a frenchman) just remember that all scottish accents are not pretty lilting or poetic - some of them are downright incomprehensible.

well I won't say I told you so....

hendrix said...

ps. CB please don't bite herebe - christ alone knows where he's been and I wouldn;t want you to catch anything nasty!

LC said...

This year I will be celebrating valentine's day by going on a killing spree (a 'massacre' one might say) in one of the several romantic italian restaurants near my flat.

Moominmama said...

ooh! can i come? all i've got planned is a pity date with a mate of mine from the boat club whose girlfriend is out of town. i like your idea much better.

Sid said...

Valentine's Day bites ass. I like the idea of an Anti-Valentine party. If so many of my friend's weren't already in fully functioning and happy relationships, I might even consider it. *funk*