Saturday, February 11, 2006

the ties that bind

After my head race today (you don't need the details, really you don't), I wandered up river with my coach, his gf, and thier saluki (Ralph. I love that dog). It was a sunny day, and we went to get a good vantage point from which to cheer on the competing bristol crews. At some point something prompted me to declare (I forget what now), "Oh that is so going in my blog today!"

coach: you have a blog?

me: yup.

coach: what's it called?

me: mycoachisajerkoff.com

coach: ha ha. seriously, what's it called?

me: seriously, i'm not telling you.

coach: y?

me: because if i tell you, you might go and read it. and then i would have to stop writing about what a dickweed my coach is.



I think our relationship is improving.

2 comments:

ZB said...

Hun, if you're coach understood the fundamentals of coaching he'd realise that you writing about what a dickweed he is means that he's doing is job properly. Denis only smiles when we curse him. He only laughs when we puke. If we're being smiley and nice to him because we've won that's the moment when he'll rip us to shreds for sloppy catches. If we're grumpy and morose because we've lost, that's when he'll rip us apart for not keeping the hands moving and putting the power peak earlier. Then he might put his arm around our shoulders and pick us up. Coaching is knowing when to put an arm around someone's shoulders and when to kick their arse so hard their nuts rattle.


Don't give him the address tho. That's rowing suicide.

Moominmama said...

of course i'm not going to give him the url. do i look stoopid? (don't answer that.)

i said it sarcastically, but our relationship is genuinely improving. it's taken us some time to learn to trust each other. and yes, he kicks me in the arse whether i win or lose. today was fun, tho. he entered himself in the first division, and i had the supreme joy of telling him the second he got out of his boat that he wasn't rating high enough. he laughed.