Been tagged by First Nations with this. Which is just as well, because I steal all her memes whether she tags me or not. This one I couldn't steal (even though I thought about nabbing it from Dave) because it's just so unbelievably self-centered. And also kind of redundant, because hell, a blog is unbelievable self-centered anyway. At least mine is. Anyway, here is a true meMe.
5 Things About Me:
1. My feet are always cold. I have to sleep wearing fuzzy socks, otherwise my feet freeze off to the point of pain and then numbness, even on warm nights, and I can't fall asleep when my feet are numb. Once I was at a friend's for the night, and I didn't pack any socks, and I didn't fall asleep all night because my feet were too cold. So I always sleep wearing warm, fuzzy socks. It's very sexxxy.
2. I read abysmally slowly. It takes me for sodding ever to get through a book. Even "light" reading, novels and such, take me weeks to read. I read at the pace I speak, because I hear every syllable in my head as though someone were reading it to me. This is a problem for someone in my profession. (PhD in English lit!!!) Over the years I've taken speed-reading courses and done all sorts of things to attempt to increase my reading speed, but to no avail.
3. I potty-trained myself. One day, when I was still young enough to sleep in a crib, I said to my mother "no more diapers." I had never gone through the night dry, and I was sill rather young, so my mother was naturally skeptical. She told me that I could wear big girl underwear to bed that night, but if I wet the bed I would have to wear diapers from then on. I never wore another diaper after that, for any reason. And in the whole of my childhood, I've never once wet the bed. Ha.
4. I can't stand the writings of John Gower. Don't tell anyone.
5. The worst day of my entire life was the day I was deported from England. I thought my life was over, and everything I had worked for was being taken away. It is the only time I have ever contemplated suicide.
Tagging: Timorous Beastie, Herebe Monsters, Michael, Mitts and Rosa, and the Great She Elephant