That was some piss-poor piss-taking, my friends. Thanks to all who participated; you cracked me up. The prize goes to Dave, whom I already owe some non-burnt scones anyway.
To answer the burning question on everyone's mind, no, Pirate didn't propose. :-(
But the m-word was discussed, and we had a lovely holiday, declared it a success, and agreed to do it again sometime. (There's talk of going to South Africa next February.)
Right now I'm doing laundry and watering my plants, but there will be details of the trip forthcoming at some point. I'm reluctant to write much at this point because it would be so much better illustrated, but I accidently left my camera in Preston with Mr. and Mrs. Pirate. Grrrr. So I will post details and photos as soon as I have retrieved the necessary electronics, probably sometime next week.
I will, however, say this much:
- the weather (in Scotland. I know. It's amazing.)
- Marcus Brigstocke
- the food -- we ate like kings for a week
- golden eagles and house martins
- lack of parental Pirates
- Fringe central
- getting locked in the porto-loo outside the Udderbelly
- HENDRIX CAT STOOD ME UP!!!!! (no, she didn't, she just got busy and had to cancel. boo-hoo!)
- Lack of sleep becuase Pirate is teething
- Food poisoning (hey, it wouldn't be a holiday without a touch of food poisoning!)
how are you all? did anything exciting happen while I was away? are Billy and Llewtrah tying the knot yet? Has LC come out of the closet? Is FN running for president? (FN and HomoE in 2008!) Has Annie Rhiannon been cast to play herself in the film biopic of her life? Catch me up on the latest, please. I can't be bothered to read 10 days of back blogs.