2 Tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
dozen or so fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
2 big handfuls baby spinach
- Heat oil in shallow pan
- Add garlic, sizzle 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, basil, simmer on med-high until tomatoes are thick and much water is gone (about 5 mins)
- Add spinach, stir until all spinach is wilted.
- Dump into serving bowl
- Add 1 more Tbs oil to pan, heat, and add egg.
- Fry egg (I like my yolks runny.)
- Slide egg on to spinach/tomato stuff in bowl.
- Eat (remember to blow first, it's hot.)
So there I was thinking, If eggs and spinach go well together, and eggs and tomato go well together, and spinach and tomato go well together, how bad can this be???
Answer: not at all. In fact, it's awesome. The vitamin C in the tomato helps your body to get the most out of the egg, the egg is full of protein and vitamin E, the spinach is full of iron, and the oil and garlic are both good for your heart. This is the most nutritious thing you will ever eat! And if you want to make it a full meal, dump it over some pasta and *boom* Robert's your father's brother.