Monday, February 07, 2011

WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL PREGNANT?!?!?!?!

My due date was Friday. This is shit. This is NOT the German efficiency (and I'm 25% German, so that should count for something.)

I'm huge. I can't sleep. I can't sit comfortably, stand comfortably, walk comfortably, or lie down comfortably. And I'm fed up with swapping one discomfort for another just for variety's sake.

Also, I'm exhausted. I can't sleep. I have to pee every 45 minutes (until about 4 am by which time I'm sufficiently dehydrated that I can go about 2 hours between weeing. If only my uterus was as keen as my fucking kidneys.) And my RLS* has become unbearable. I lie in bed at night jerking like a mule that's undergone army experimentation, thus guaranteeing that the Pirate isn't getting any meaningful sleep, either. (And he hasn't whinged about it once, bless his tighty whities.)

We went to see Brendon Burns in Oxford on Thursday night, hoping to laugh the kid loose. Nearly worked, too. Had a couple contractions before the show began, and after 90 minutes of solid belly laughter I carried on contracting strongly, if erradically, until about 2 am. Then it all fizzled out and died and I've had nothing since. Bah.

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday. He'll be 1. Keep your fingers crossed that something kicks off tonight so the cousins can share a birthday. That would be cool.


*Don't laugh. It's real, and it SUCKS.

3 comments:

Johanna said...

My goodness. I just checked back here idly, not expecting to find a new post, let alone news like this! I do hope things are about to start happening.

Wandering Wynie said...

I have every available extremity crossed and I am positively clenching my down-below in anticipation for you! I hope Little Pirate arrives soon!

Mr Farty said...

Come out! Come out! Wherever you are!

Mrs F has RLS too, my sympathies to both of you.