Thursday, January 19, 2006

glaring oversight

i just realized that i completely forgot to tell you all...!

I found out last thursday that a paper i submitted for presentation at a medieval conference was accepted, so i'm officially giving my first paper in February! I find this both exhilerating and terrifying.

And then I found out that my best friends on planet earth, Wally and Vi, are going to have a BABY!!! They've been trying for so long, a lot of us had kind of given up hope. In my whole life, I've never known anyone who had a baby (I was the last child born in my family), so this is a completely new experience for me. I find it both exhilerating and terrifying.

So, yeah, lots of goings-on in the Bitch's wee brain lately. Can't believe I forgot to tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just realized that I never said MAJOR CONGRATUALTIONS!!!! on your paper :) (though I think I did say whoo hoo on your honorary aunt-dom soon- I vote that the little kiddo be given lots of chocolate and lots of books, and you will reign as favorite aunt forever)

In any case, also super super congrats on the paper nomination- Do you get to give a speech, something along the lines of..."I'd like to thank the little people who made this possible..." I think you should give one anyway :)