Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Episode IV: A False Hope

A woman in my body pump class just happens to be from Bristol. Last night after our workout I asked her what the city is like. She said it was lovely, and inquried after the source of my curiosity. I explained about the interview and the University's offer to cover my travel expenses. She said that was fantastic, and it means they've already decided they want me. She is of the belief that when a Uni is willing to pay money just to get you to the interview, it's because they want a chance you pursuade you to go there. Apparently I'm interviewing them, rather than the other way round.

Any reactions to this line of thought? It seems too good to be true, therefore I am nervous.

4 comments:

Sal said...

regardless, as long as you assess rather than attack, it is an excellent attitude to take. people respect you and rate you much higher that way. humans in their little fucked up way spurn desperation and reward disinterest

Anonymous said...

Just see where it could take you, no?

Timorous Beastie said...

Well, there are 2 things on my mind:
1. It's a bit early in the process to be naming posts "a false hope", and
2. What in the hell's a body pump class?

Moominmama said...

"Body Pump" n. 20 people standing in a smelly room, lifting weights in rythm to rock music.