Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A glimmer of light!

There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel (I know, it's probably train). I got an email this a.m. from Bristol, who...





wait for it...







want me to come for an interview, and...









they offered to pay my travel expenses!

(Granted, they though I was in the UK when they made the offer, but I'm still taking it as a sign that they're serious about me.) I told them I would be happy to conduct a phone interview at their convenience, or, if a face-to-face interview was preferred, I would be on the next flight out as a demonstration of my committment to my work. My financial consultant (who knows a few things about Universities as well as a lot about money), said that was exactly the right response. I'll probably wind up spending 30 minutes on the phone, but I'm seriously hoping they'll demand a face-to-face. A week in Bristol would do wonders for me just now. Keep your fingers crossed, you cats and kittens. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

2 comments:

Sal said...

score!

Timorous Beastie said...

Preparation is the key, so now's the time to start practising saying "eeeh, brizzal" in a faux-yokel accent.