Thursday, October 13, 2005

The horror!

It just keeps getting better. Did I tell you that the first night i was in my hotel room in Bath (Tuesday night that was) I was in the shower when the fire alarm went off? So after being evacated from my room, sent to another city, I got to my hotel, exhausted, and with no more ambitious plans than to take a hot shower, have a cup of tea, and go to bed.

And then the fire alarm went off.

So instead of a nice, quiet, early even, I got to spend 20 minutes on the sidewalk, in the rain, barefoot, in my pyjamas, being leered at by intoxicated businessmen from the hotel bar. Thankfully one chivalrous gentleman did offer me his jacket. Lovely german bloke.

This morning, the bus that was supposed to take me from the hotel to campus at 9 am never showed up. At 9:15 I conceded defeat and humped it to the train station. Instead of the 30 minutes by coach it should have taken me to get to bristol, I coasted in at 11:30. For fuck's sake. What's next?

3 comments:

ZB said...

You've got three years. Take the week off until your back in digs.

Moominmama said...

would do but i've got another meeting with my advisor on monday morning early. can't fake it. the man can smell bullshit from 60 paces upwind.

Moominmama said...

also, WHOO_HOO! 2000 hits! Yeah, baby!

Thanks to all my loyal readers.

Both of you.