Thursday, November 03, 2005

sweet dough and pudding

Think way back. Do you remember my second post ever? Go read it.

Read it? Good. Ah, the purple bikini. It's still in active service. I just received this photo from my friend on a disk of photos from the camping trip to Fundy this summer. For some reason, I felt compelled to share it. My favorite bit is the glaring contrast between my lovely brown limbs and the doughy whitness of my belly and butt. There's just no cure for lycra lines.




















The other entertaining tidbit I would like to share with you is a quote from Wit & Mirth by T. Duffy dated 1719. One of my flatmates made a pudding tonight, a Durham fluffen, and someone asked about the history of the word "pudding." That sounds like a job for Etymology Girl!, quoth I. Off to the OED I flew, and shortly uncovered this delightfully phalic euphamism:

"I made a request to prepare again, that I might continue in love with the strain of his Pudding."

Marvelous.

No comments: