Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ahm Outta here

The Bitch is flying the coop. After a brief stopover in Manchester to groove to the beat of Smith 6079 I'll be flying out tomorrow. Back to the Kingdom of W. Back to the realm of xenophobic, Mac-chompin, truck-drivin, flannel-wearin (ok, I wear flannel too, i admit it), willfully ignorant, right-wing "christian" bible-banging fundies. Joy.

It'll be nice to see the fam i s'pose. Though I only left a couple months ago, and i'm not remotely homesick. (does that make me a bad daughter/niece/sister?) In fact, what with all the fiasco surrounding my arrival here and then the whole week in exile, I've really only begun to feel settled for the past couple weeks or so. And now I'm being uprooted again.

A tender green shoot like me can only be transplanted so many times before it's roots get too damaged and it withers.

On the upside, when I'm home I'll be able to get my hair cut. I havn't been here because it's too expensive and i have no money. But at home, that great being known as MOM pays for it. This is good, as right now my hair looks like a marsupial climbed on my head and died there.

And tonight will be good. I'm planning on getting totally battered and dancing like a mynx for hours.

Now I have to go catch my train. It will take me 4 1/2 hours to get from Bristol to the Chester of Man. Through Wales (?!?!). The ticket attendant assured me it was a very scenic ride. I'm actually looking forward to it. Tea, biscuits, scenery, and a battered copy of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." Good times.

Am listening to the album "Drunken Lullabies" by Flogging Molly. Fucking imense cosmic awesome fucking genius. Go buy a copy.

No comments: