Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mas fotografias de Banyoles para tu!

Coming off the water after a good, hard row. Notice how low the sun is. This is taken after our first outing of the day. H a r d c o r e. That's me in the lime green fleece gilet. All my kit is lime green (including my shoes). I don't know why either.













I know I'm slumping at the catch. I'm working on this problem and I've made measurable progress. But seriously, take a look at our bladework. Excpet for bow, who is dipping her hands just slighly before the catch, we are spot fucking on.
Remember when I told you about swimming in the freezing cold lake? (You know it's cold because in the previous photos we are rowing with HATS on.) This is the same lake. We are in bathing suits. We are about to jump in. We are nuts. (That's me on the right. Amazingly, my bikini isn't lime green. At the risk of being totally vain, how good do I look?!?!?)








(All photos curtesy of Hamish Roots at Roots Photographic.)

6 comments:

ZB said...

Yeah. Spot on on bowside. Your strokeside hands aren't as good. Stroke is reaching and dipping for a start and it's not just because of the left hand leads/ right hand follows rule. Her body is over to that side.

Mind you, it could just be that one stroke.

Moominmama said...

really? i can't see that. hmm.

still, not too shabby for a scratch crew.

Moominmama said...

any hey, is my page loading wierd for anyone else? all the blogger blogs, my own included, are coming up really funny-lookin. is it just my puter, or do you all have this problem?

ZB said...

How the fuck can you not see it? She's already into the catch with her strokeside oar? There's a puddle forming. Her body is over to the right! Oyvey! This is why Denis lets me loose on novices.

But no, not bad for a scratch crew. Mind you, we are only seeing one stroke and quads and doubles make everyone enthusiastic about sculling.

Moominmama said...

oh yeah, a puddle, so there is.

did i mention that three of our women have quit since training camp? that's got us down to 4 women, 5 if you count O Captain My Captain, which is questionable given her back probs. No 8 for us this season.

ZB said...

Eights suck. Small boats rock. Eights are made up of two to three talented rowers, a couple of fat bastards in the meat wagon of the engine room who are hefty and can pull a bit but have no technique and start slowing the boat down when they get tired and their technique turns to shit after the initial adrenaline surge of the first 500 and some lightweight shortarses further back to keep the bows light. Fuck em.

Small boats. Fours. Quarter the responsibility. Doubles. Only with Mike Fisher. Gods own sculler.