Thursday, February 02, 2006

Front and Center

I already stuck this in a comment on the "Prince of Darkness" library post, but upon further consideration I decided it deserved more attention, as i have no idea how many visitors actually read the comments.

I love to brag about my alma mater because it's more than just an outstanding academic institution; it's also where i spent many of the happiest and most fulfilling days of my life. I've never had a serious urge to be filthy sinking rich, but if by some shake of the galactic dice I ever hit it big, I plan to give back to CC so that future impoverished students can experience all the joys and agonies i had. Like Ruth Sheppe did. Conn is loved by many because it's such a great place, but the causality goes both ways: it's also a great place because it's loved by so many.

3 comments:

Sid said...

The library that I left behind me is... Cool. A guy died in one of them. True story. One of the greatest engineers ever. His name was George Singer and he made bikes cars and sewing machines. Then he died in the library. Sucks to be him. Good blog. When I'm sober, I will actually read the whole blog. :D

Moominmama said...

Sober schmober. Sobriety is way overrated.

So ol' George shit the bed in a library, huh? cool. what was the CoD?

ZB said...

Hit on the head by a falling Singer Sewing Machine.