Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Slow goin'

Today I went to a lecture. I don't know what it was about. Something about Shakespeare, I think. Or maybe it was about a concept for which Shakespeare was just and example. Anyway, I'm sure I heard Shakespeare mentioned once or twice. The problem was that the guy spoke s o s l o w l y that it took him 5 minutes or more to finish a thought. I'm not kidding, by the time he got to then end of a sentece I'd already forgotten how it began. It was like being lectured by William Shatner. On vallium. Oy vey.

3 comments:

FirstNations said...

I stand corrected.
http://www.geocities.com/jpopakina/bkgd/hamster.jpg
heres a geeeet big pile of them all different colors and stripey and all. dang!
I'd also like to take this time to apologize for William Shatner. We didn't know.
How could we have known?
We were so young!

Moominmama said...

Do NOT aplogize for William Shatner. I actually love him (though i wouldn't want to hear him give a lecture on Shakespeare). Shatner has the wonderful personality trait of not taking himself too seriously. He's a crap actor and cultural joke, and he knows it. He pokes as much fun at himself as anyone else, and when someone take the mikey he's always laughing the loudest. Lousy actor, but seriously excellent dude.

FirstNations said...

....then carry my message to the masses...to those less discerning unfortunates worldwide who have been scarred deeply by the thespian stylings of Mr. Shatner.
oo! speaking of train wrecks, have you seen the Turkish version of season 1 Star Trek? you MUST. OH. MY. GOD.