Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back on the horse

Alright, the obligatory 24-hour period of self-indulgent self-pitying and misery-wallowing is over.

I went back to the dating service site this morning. Made some slight adjustments to my profile. Searched through the database, which I havn't done in weeks. Picked out a few likely-looking chaps and bookmarked them. We'll see if any respond.

Meanwhile, back to the rowing.

There is no crying in rowing.

Nothing like a good hard pull on a cold sunny day to beat out the anger and lift the spirits. Take it out on the blade, take it out on the water. Make the river suffer your mighty mighty drive. Make the Avon cry out in pain. Set the water alight; set the water ablaze -- ablaze like the sun. Fire water, wet sun: drive back the boundaries, drive in the boat, drive with the legs.

And you wonder why i love this shit.


And thanks to everyone for your wonderful comments, compliments, and concern. I shall endeavor to deserve your affection. Much love to all.

2 comments:

hendrix said...

Well I do...(wonder why you like rowing) but then the sporty gene of our family completely missed me...unless you count shoe sale shopping as a competitive sport!
But it sounds like you got it out of your system and that you're climbing back in the saddle...

Well done. I'm proud of you!!

The Hopeless Romantic said...

Glad to see that your spirits are back.

If it’s any consolation at all, you’re not alone in suffering from such disappointments. Sure, you’ve been knocked down, but you can now stand up stronger than before and put it down to experience. As you rightly said, it’s his loss and not yours.

If anything, your experience has encouraged me not to give up in my own search. One way or another, a negative can always become a positive.