Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rant

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Fact. This simple tenet was drilled into me at a very young age. As a rational, free-thinking adult I still recognize its straight-forward wisdom. Therefore, if you are sitting in an armchair with a blanket on your lap and watching televsion, YOU DON'T GET TO GIVE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE PEOPLE IN THE KITCHEN COOKING DINNER! If you are not actively helping, YOU DO NOT GET TO CRITICIZE. This goes for everthing, from cooking supper to civic responsibility. If you are doing nothing to improve the condition of the nation, you have no right to complain about the present state of affairs. If you are not on your hands and knees with a sponge in hand, you don't get to tell me that I missed a spot. And if you have never in your entire life so much as pulled a dandelion from the rose bed, don't you even fucking try to tell me that the garden looks a shambles. My point is this: lend a hand you lazy, self-absorbed, self-righteous ass, or get out of my fucking way.

No comments: