THREEs THINGS ABOUT ME:
(Stole this one from First Nations)
Things I fear:
1. fundamentalism/superstition/stray dogs (i'm lumping these together because they're effectively the same)
2. losing the people I love
3. being ordinary
People who make me laugh.
1. Ardal O'Hanlon
2. The Pirate
3. my brother
Things I hate most.
1. fundamentalists/hypocrites/willfull ignorance (ditto)
2. beer-and-curry flavored morning mouth (can we say "breath of a thousand corpses? sure, i knew you could.")
Things I don't understand.
1. How so many people can be so goddamned DUMB.
2. The Krebbs citric acid cycle
3. Why we pay atheltes millions of dollars a year, and teachers not enough to feed themselves
Things I'm doing right now (besides blogging, which is the obvious, assinine answer)
1. cleaning the flat
2. wondering how i'm going to pay my expenses this year
3. re-reading book 1 of John Gower's Confessio Amantis
Things I want to do before I die.
1. Olympic gold medal
2. PhD/publish books/career academic scheme
3. that whole marraige/house/kids thang
Things I can do.
1. cook/bake real food from scratch
2. act like an idiot in public and not care
3. row like a demon
Ways to describe my personality.
2. attention span of tick on speed
Things I can't do.
1. remember anything
2. drive a manual transmission
3. make someone love me
Things I think you should listen to.
1. international news media
2. your animal spirit guide
3. music by Simon and Garfunkel
Things you should never listen to.
1. religious leaders/televangelists/anyone selling god
2. Fox news
3. Anyone presently working in the White House
Things I'd like to learn.
1. the piano
2. Old English
3. the driving force behind the Great Vowel Shift
1. strawberry milkshakes (American stlye, with ice cream.)
3. garden salad, made with fresh veg that i've grown myself and picked just seconds ago
Beverages I drink regularly.
2. fruit squash (diluted artificial fruit juice product, for the Yanks reading this who aren't familiar with the phenomenon that is fruit squash)
3. Dioralyte (rehydration fluid during intense training)
Shows I watched as a kid.
1. The A-Team
2. Murphy Brown
3. reruns of Rowan and Martin's Laugh In
(whee! the Pirate just phoned from his current location in Places Exotic. So good to hear his voice.)